writerlibrarian

What I'm reading

Librarian, book lover, avid reader

Roman Blood
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Novels and Stories: Volumes I and II
Arthur Conan Doyle
The Hobbit
J.R.R. Tolkien, Alan Lee

The Venetian's Wife: A Strangely Sensual Tale of a Renaissance Explorer, a Computer, and a Metamorphosis - Nick Bantock Even after 13 years, this book is still a lovely, lovely story and wonderful art work. Even the technology is not too out dated. We use private journal site now but the term computer diary is still pretty generic to still fit in now.I loved it when I first read it and again with this reread. It's one book I usually recommend to people with different tastes in literature. People that have read the latest Goncourt or pretend they have, people who love discovering something different. It's not high literature, far from it. Bantock is more an artist than a writer, he blends art work with his own brand of storytelling. He write about love, infinite love. His Griffin and Sabine books are art work more than stories but well worth checking out. The Venetian's Wife is my favorite of all his books. I haven't kept up with his latest ones. My last one was Alexandria in 2002 which I loved and ended up giving it as a gift to a friend.