writerlibrarian

What I'm reading

Librarian, book lover, avid reader

Roman Blood
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Novels and Stories: Volumes I and II
Arthur Conan Doyle
The Hobbit
J.R.R. Tolkien, Alan Lee

206 Bones by Kathy Reichs Unabridged CD Audiobook (Temperance Brennan Mystery Series, Book 12) - Kathy Reichs A soft 3 stars. This latest Temperance Brennan novel has all the ingredients to make something good but somehow the ingredients don't gel together. The three plot lines : A (the bad guy at work), B (the grannies serial killer) and C (Temperance's relationship with Ryan) mix like water and oil not vinegar and oil. Reichs still amaze me with her sense of the places her characters are in. I can totally buy and feel Temperance's visit to Chicago and know that it's accurate, get a feel of the place. Why? Because I live in the other place Temperance works and Reichs nails Montreal, the Laurentians, Oka. Tiny, little thing Laval University is not in Laval but Québec City but really I'm nitpicking.So, good ingredients, bad mix because it's not a sign of a good Brennan novel when the reader less than half way through knows who the bad guys are and starts yelling at Tempy to get a clue.